Thursday, January 15, 2015

Photo a Day - OLD #fmsphotoaday

January 15, 2015
Photo a Day
OLD


Today's photo prompt from #fmsphotoaday is
OLD.
I had lots of choices for today's photo, so much easier than yesterday's NEW prompt.

We live in a house that was built in 1896. That's a 120 year old house. That's Old!

I have Wedding China that was my Grandmother's. That's old.

The brick from when we removed all the coal fireplaces in this house, we reused to make a great area on our patio with brick columns with lamps on top, and an outdoor fireplace. That's New and Old.

But recently my mother gave me a quilt that was my
father's mother's mother's. In other words, My Great Grandmother's.
She handmade it. All the stitching was done by hand. I can't believe it's actually lasted through all these years intact.

I love Geneology. I have the Family Tree software on my computer with history, stories, maps, and photos of several of our ancestors. Unfortunately, when I upgraded my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 8, the program will no longer open unless I re-install it. I've looked high and low for that disk and can't find it. Which is unlike me. Geneology is precious to me, and I normally know exactly where all my program disks are. But it's gone on hiatus, and I can't figure out where.

I would have loved to give you more information about my Great Grandmother's life, where she lived, where she's buried, but I can't access any of that information right now. And I can't justify re-buying that software at this time. So, just take my word for it. This blanket is very old. I'm thankful and lucky to have it.
My Great Grandmother's name was Eula Mozelle Small Drew. She lived 1895-1974. The only thing I really remember about her (because she passed away when I was 8 years old) was she lived at my Grandparent's house and was always in the bed sitting up and spitting chewing tobacco into a spittoon by the bed. For some reason, that's what I remember. Not her hair color, not her attitude, or anything else about her. LOL I guess her spitting tobacco into a spittoon really stuck in my head for some reason.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Hugs, :) Janis

No comments:

Post a Comment