Friday, December 27, 2013

Wish Big, Little Ladybug

Happy Friday! How's your week going? Who has already been shopping or is going shopping this weekend for all the sales? I would love to go for the sales, but I hate crowds, so I'll probably skip it. But if you are going shopping, have fun for me!

I absolutely love the card I made that I'm showing you today. Sometimes I'll make a card and think, "ehh." But sometimes I'll make a card and think, "Wow. I did that!" LOL  I followed a sketch of a card I saw on Pinterest. Not sure where she got the sketch from or if she created it. The link just goes to her Etsy and there's no info on the card specifics that I could find.

I love all the layers on my card! Take a looksee.....


Kraft card base 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Gray 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Black dots 4" x 5 1/4"

Gray strip 2 1/4" x 5 1/4"
Red dots 2 1/8" x 5 1/4"

Gray mats 2 1/8" x 3 5/8" (x 2)
Newspaper print 2" x 3 1/2" (x 2)

Green brackets on left side (leftovers I was going to toss, but decided to use),  and shaped sentiment matting are from a Label & Bracket Punch
Top left corners of mats punched with a Fiskar corner rounder
All pattern papers from Simple Stories "Say Cheese" from the Royal Castle Shoppe
Twine & Button from the Royal Castle Shoppe
Miss Kate Cuttables "Cute Ladybug"
Stampin' Up "A Dozen Thoughts" for sentiment

I'm so glad you stopped by my blog today! Enjoy the rest of your week and your weekend.
:) Janis

Submitted at 365 Cards (anything goes), Just Because Linky Party (anything goes), Cuttin and Stampin (anything goes using leftovers), and Alphabet Ch (whatever you wish).

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute little bug. So love the mix of polka dot design papers and how you have used the twine.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is SO adorable! I love all the fun papers, layering and embellishments! GREAT details:)
    Happy Friday!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and makes me smile. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet work! Such a happy card!
    Thanks for sharing at 365cards!

    ReplyDelete