Saturday, October 26, 2013

2 Very Cool Background Techniques both in One Project!

Happy Saturday! I've been watching a lot of Stampin' Up videos over the past few days. Oh my goodness. The talent out there blows my mind, and the ideas and techniques people come up with. WOW!

This project incorporates 2 of the background techniques I've learned about this week. Here's the card I created using both of the described background techniques below:


Stampin' Up Cardstock:
Basic Black
Whisper White
Regal Rose (r)
Garden Green

Stampin' Up Inks:
Marina Mist
Pistachio Pudding
Pink Pirouette
Basic Black

Stampin' Up Whisper White Baker's Twine, Basic Jewels (Pearls), and Subtles Designer Series Buttons

Sentiment from one of the Stampin' Up Paper Pumpkin monthly kits


1) Background stamping with left over rubber from your stamp sets (just start snipping random pieces off and arrange on a clear block however you want. This is an old clear block I won from a hop last year. Yes, I know... it needs cleaning.


2) Background stamping using painter's tape or masking tape (tear off a strip of tape, put sticky part down on ink pad and rub your finger across heavier in some places than others, and then place on cardstock and rub your finger across again to transfer the ink to the cardstock.)


How easy and cool are those 2 background techniques? Love 'em both!

Enjoy your weekend, everyone! Don't forget to cheer on your favorite College Football team! Let's Go, Gamecocks!

Reminder! One Week Only Sale - 25% off 25 Stampin' Up Stamp Sets!! I just ordered a handful of these yesterday. Can't wait for the little brown truck to bring them by. Make your wishlist and order soon. Take advantage of this awesome deal on stamps. Sale ends Oct. 28.

CLICK HERE TO SHOP STAMPIN' UP WITH ME!

4 comments:

  1. Super cool. Never thought about using blue tape for a background. Not too sure about cutting up the negative part of my clear mount Stampin Up stamps. I like to store mine in the case with the stamps so I know what is missing at a glance. Great idea though. Wish I would've kept the ones from my wood block Stampin Up Stamps but those are long gone.
    TTFN

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's really cool!!! thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome card! Love the background stamping idea's TFS! I definitely will give it a shot!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete