Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pagoda & Old West Happy Birthday Cards

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE MOTHER GOOSE BLOG HOP, CLICK HERE.

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE GETTING CRICKY THANK-FALL BLOG HOP, CLICK HERE.

A friend of ours is about to celebrate her 40th Birthday! Woo-Hoo!  I'm in my mid-forties, and I can testify that each decade just gets better and better. I was trying to think of a good birthday card I could make for her, and decided the PAGODA Paper Lamps would be perfect to represent a party theme.

Project #283 for 2011

PAGODA Cricut cart used for party lamps.
Blue Paper Lamp page 26 cut @ 3 3/4" with Shadow feature.



Red Paper Lamp page 25 cut @ 3 1/2" with Shadow feature.


Green Paper Lamp page 24 cut @ 4" with Shadow feature.


All Paper Lamps cut using ColorBox papers (from Walmart).
All Shadows cut using DCWV Glitter Yellow cardstock.
Cardbase if glittered paper from DCWV The Glitter 12"x12" stack.
The white cardstock mat was cut @ 5 1/4" x 4". 
White mat was run through the Cuttlebug for the embossed background.
(ProvoCraft really should print the name of the Cuttlebug embossing folder onto the folder itself. I threw the packaging away so I have no idea what this folder is called.)
HAPPY stamp from K Andrew Designs set "Winter Wishes".


BIRTHDAY stamp from K Andrew Designs set "Coffee & Tea For You & Me".


That was my girlfriend's birthday card. But I also had to make a birthday card for a friend's husband. Much harder for me to create.

#286 outside
#286 inside
I really wanted to add some rhinestones or buttons or ribbon or flowers on here. But I withheld those urges.
OLD WEST Cricut cartridge:
Blue background mat is Wanted Poster on p. 44 cut @ 4 1/2". Keypad overlay Row 2, Column 1.


H on outside p. 35 cut @ 3/4". Inside one cut @ 4 1/2". Keypad overlay Row 3, Column 6.


B on outside p. 35 cut @ 3/4". Inside one cut @ 4 1/2". Keypad overlay Row 4, Column 5.
Bandanna on outside cut @ 2 1/2". Inside one cut @ 1 1/2".


Same K Andrew Designs sentiment stamps for Happy Birthday as used on other card. :)
If it's your birthday today too, well then Happy Birthday!
Have a fun day y'all! Stay cool or warm depending on where you live.
Stay dry. Smile at someone today even if you don't feel like it. You have no idea how much a smile can really turn a person's day around or how badly a person needs to get one.
Smiles :) Janis

2 comments:

  1. Oh these are so cute!! Love the lanterns and that cowboy bandana! Awesome cards!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of these cards! I especially love the Pagoda one. What a great use of the lanterns! :)

    Pam
    Simply-Pam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete