Sunday, August 31, 2014

Get Well Soon - Teddy with Flowers

Good morning, Friends! (or afternoon, or evening)

I hope everyone's weekend is going well.
My husband has been off for a couple of days and is off again tomorrow.
Yay! We always have so much fun.
We met one of our daughters and her friend at a Greek restaurant yesterday for lunch.
It was nice to spend some time together and catch up.
All of our children are so busy with their lives and families,
so spending lunch catching up always feels really good.

Today I created a card for you.
The background for this image is sponged with inks.
The image itself is colored with pencils.
Now I know there are a lot of ladies out there who work magic with
Bic markers, Copics, and Spectrum Noir pens.
But not all of us are that talented!
You will be seeing some more images and my attempts to 
color with some Spectrum Noir pens I got last week.
I don't make any promises for magic to happen,
but we all start off somewhere and not everyone
can stun and amaze with their coloring skills.
I encourage you to give pens a try.
Don't feel like you have to live up to someone else's ability.
All you have to do is try and enjoy the attempt.
Life is about experiences, chances, and change.
Stretch your wings a little bit and see where you can fly.

Here is my project for today......


Image:  Craftin Desert Divas "Blooming For You"
Image Coloring: Prisma Color Premier Pencils
Image Background Coloring: Sponged Inks
Pattern Papers: Echo Park "Summer Bliss"
Dew Drops: Skittles DoubleClick Connections AKA A Busy Bee
Sentiment: Craftin Desert Divas "Blooming For You"

Here's a close-up of the sentiment....


Craftin Desert Divas "Blooming For You"
You can buy this stamp set HERE


Craftin Desert Divas is having a Labor Day Sale!
Ends tomorrow at midnight Pacific time.


Enjoy the rest of your day 
and long weekend (for us USA folks).
:) Janis

Submitted:
The Paper Players - Bingo (purple flowers, ribbon, pattern paper)

10 comments:

  1. This sure is super cute! You are so right about coloring. I'm new to coloring too. I love to see others beginning as well it makes me not so alone sharing my projects when you are first learning. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. Loving the flags and the design paper.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute! Love the papers and the little banners sticking out! Congrats on getting on the CDD Design Team. I'm also trying out.....love the stamps! Love your projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! You did a fabulous job with the pens! Your coloring looks awesome on that adorable little bear! I have these pens to but need a lot of practice, lol!
    Awesome card!
    Happy Sunday!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little bear is adorable Janis! I Love the fun paper you used behind him too. I love the Spectrum Noir markers but I can't color all that great but I still enjoy using them. I'm hoping one day that I will get better at my coloring/shading, but if I don't it is ok too. lol I just love to color. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janis, I think your coloring is awesome!! I need to get brave and try!!! Beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a adorable card!!! Love the pretty papers you used and the teddy bear is super cute!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very pretty card. Love the design papers and how you have used the banner. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!!! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete