Friday, November 15, 2013

Believe

Looking through Pinterest last week for card ideas using Stampin' Up's Lovely As a Tree, I came across this idea. It was surprisingly so easy and quick to create. You guys have got to try this!


I cut a piece of Whisper White 5 1/4" x 4" twice.

One of those pieces I ran through the Cuttlebug with an Oval Spellbinder's die in the center to use as a template / mask.

With the template on top of the other Whisper White cardstock, I used Sponge Daubers to slowly blend in Wisteria Wonder darker in some areas than others (for cloud and ground affects).

Leaving the template in place, I stamped the treeline using Lovely As a Tree also inked with Wisteria Wonder.

Then I removed the template and stamped another tree from Lovely As a Tree inked with Wisteria Wonder to the left of the card.

For the sentiment, I used a retired Stampin' Up stamp set from 1997 "Everyday Expressions" also inked with Wisteria Wonder.

I adhered this finished piece to the Wisteria Wonder cardstock 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" base.

The inside of the card and outside of the envelope can also be stamped with the larger single tree for a matching design. A set of these would even make a great gift.

Shop Stampin' Up with me HERE
:) Janis

2 comments:

  1. This card is just beautiful and love that you used a "lonely" color ww. I don't see it used very often. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!!! I have always wanted that stamp set!!
    Have a Happy Crafty Day!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete