Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Paperbag Greetings


I was pulling out a blank card and envelope from my overstuffed shelf, when a paper bag fluttered to the floor. Come on, guys, inspirating is fluttering my way... was I just supposed to ignore it?

I decided to make a greeting card from a paperbag. Why not? I have a whole pack of them... might as well use 'em up in some fun, creative way... right?




So I stuck the paper bag into a card envelope to see how much would stick out of the top, and cut that part off. (If you haven't noticed by now, I hate measuring things. I must have missed that day in school, because whenever I use a ruler, it never quite turns out exactly right.)

Then I sponged the entire part I was going to use with Stampin' Up Rose Red. Got some pink paper from My Mind's Eye Everyday Tango paper pack, and some fun "chic" stickers from my 3-ring binder where I store all my stickers in negative sleeves and page protectors.

I covered the front and back of the bag with the pink paper leaving just a smidgen of the bag edge showing. I used rough cuts and not too evenly spaced placement.

I cut one more piece of pink paper and added a ribbon pull tab to the top and stuck it inside the bag.

I plan on sending this card to my friend whom I've known since I was 12 years old. I'm going to remind her of all those sleepovers we had when sleep wasn't really the priority, but gossip and daydreaming was. I hope she likes it.



I added this sticker to the back of the "card". It says, "When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us? - Pam Brown. It doesn't really match the whimsical theme of the front, but it speaks volumes to our friendship.

Why don't you make a paperbag greeting? I'd love to see your ideas! Please leave a comment with a link so we can all go check it out!

Hugs, smiles, and prayers for you,
Janis

4 comments:

  1. what fun! I love this perfect for any little girls sleepover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How ungenious Janis, very clever and works really well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative is that!!! Isn't it funny how some things just come to us?
    ~Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and clever Janis! And how did you find the time with your busy day?! You amaze me girl!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete